Every year the return to the classroom brings in several young patients who are choosing glasses for the first time or need to update their old pairs. Eyewear is much more than a fashion accessory, but choosing frames that suit your child’s sense of style makes wearing them a lot more fun. Following are some of the latest trends in eyewear for kids.
- Color rules! Many eyewear designers are showing styles in a range of fun colors for kids of all ages. Styles favored by boys tend to feature rectangular lenses, while the girls are gravitating toward cat-eye and round shapes.
- Classic designs that are also popular with adults are a favorite with older kids especially.
- Younger kids are often won over by styles from brands they are familiar with like Disney, Stride Right and even Marvel Comics.
- Fashion-oriented brands like Guess and Lucky are a hit with preteens and teens.
- Durability is always in style! Features like flexible frames, spring hinges and polycarbonate lenses appeal to both parents and kids.
For more information about helping you child choose eyewear, check out our recent post on making the transition to glasses successful.